The Lotus Tree is beautiful Neoclassical mansion located in the centre of Portaria, one of the most famous villages on the Pelion peninsula. The property was originally built in the 1880s and was fully renovated in 2011 and upgraded with the addition of spa facilities constituting a great investment opportunity.
This fabulous house is suitable for use as a large family residence or as an A class Hotel accommodating more than 20 guests in 8 en-suite bedrooms. The owners presently operate it as a small hotel at holiday times of the year and it has great potential for development of this business.
The property has a total living area of 505 sqm and is arranged over 4 levels. The original mansion is a prime example of the Pelion (archontiko), with stone walls of 1-metre thickness, and one of the few buildings constructed in the neoclassic style.
Throughout its renovation extreme care was taken to ensure a complete and accurate restoration. Materials of a superior standard, such as solid oak wood flooring, marble and Cotto tiles and African hardwood, fittings and textiles were used throughout. Detailed plasterwork on the exterior has perfectly returned the house to its original state complete with a roof of traditional Pelion slate.
All exterior doors and windows are made from new Massif wood matching the originals. The floors and walls were re-structured allowing installation of modern soundproofing, insulation, plumbing and electrical infrastructure. The property now has the addition of a modern spa and all furnishings and fittings are new and included.
- Central in the village of Portaria, Magnisia
- 60 m from the main road by a short cobbled path
- 100 m from the main square
- Neoclassical Mansion (550 sqm)
- 8 en-suite bathrooms on 4 levels with SPA area
- Large outdoor terrace
- Originally constructed Archontico 1884
- Renovation completed 2011
- On 1,000 sqm private land
- Unobstructed views to Volos, Pelion Mountains & Makrinitsa
The hall is entered through a wide door with a frame of solid marble beautifully engraved. The floor is Italian Cotto, the ceiling has exposed oak beams and the staircase is handmade oak. There is a spacious lounge with a fireplace, a kitchen with handmade African hardwood cupboards and a breakfast area.
The basement also has Italian Cotto flooring and a professional vacuum system unit. There are 2 luxury toilets individually styled with granite and stone, a small storage area under the stairs and the mechanical rooms house the water and heating system and the fire protection system.
The spa facilities are located here. There is a changing area with 8 wooden lockers, a marble hamam for 4 people with Chromatotherapy (needs a steam unit fitted), 5 person jacuzzi, a tropical rain shower and treatment room.
The first floor contains 4 en-suite bedrooms with solid oak flooring, built-in wardrobes with movement activated light and full-length mirrors, built-in telephone, concealed ceiling lighting, minibar and safe. They all have exposed beams and superior bathrooms.
- Room 1: Superior double bed
- Room 2: Superior triple room
- Room 3: Superior double room
- Room 4: Superior double room
- Rooms 3 & 4 have an interconnected double door
The second floor also contains 4 en-suite bedrooms with solid oak flooring, built-in wardrobes with movement activated light and full-length mirrors, built-in telephone, concealed ceiling lighting, minibar and safe. They all have superior bathrooms.
- Room 5: Superior double with ceiling cornice decoration
- Room 6: Superior double
- Room 7: Master bedroom with balcony containing iron rail decoration & marble floor tile
- Room 8: Superior double room,
- Comprises radiators for the basement & room bathrooms and Fancoil for the ground floor & bedrooms
- Heat pump was installed in 2013 to provide low-cost hot water
- All lighting is LED
- Fire Protection System has a sprinkler system (addressable) isolated from mains supply and smoke detectors connected to central addressable alarm system
- Fire extinguisher units throughout according to national safety regulations
- Fire doors separating mechanical systems as per regulations
- Bathroom pull cord alarm system (addressable) in each bathroom.
- Professional Vacuum system
Fittings and materials are of superior standard throughout and modern soundproofing has been built into flooring and walls. The original stone was used in the reconstruction of the 1 metre thick walls and German components were used in the plumbing. All exterior doors are of Massif wood (colour matching original house) and windows are also of Massif wood with fly screens (colour matching original)
All furnishings are included with superior beds and linens, fitted curtains and Roman blinds, seating in the breakfast area and living room and all room furniture.
- Security camera infrastructure
- Digital projector port
- Internet point
- Control panels for bathroom alarm system and fire detection system
Grounds & Exterior
The grounds are 1 hectare (10,000 sqm) in total and local regulations permit a further 500 sqm building on land. At the main entrance there is a large coffee terrace of 40 sqm with Italian Cotto tile and a perimeter wall of solid white marble blocks. A walled garden to the right of the house is 40 sqm.
Steps lead down to the main grounds and parking area. The gardens contain various fruit trees including olive and fig. A water channel surrounds the house and a natural spring is located at the rear of the property. Additional features include exterior lighting, 3 water outlets and a small construction containing water tanks for the sprinkler system.
The parking is accessible a short distance from the main road - though, the small road down is narrow and not recommended in the snow. Parking is located in 3 areas in the village centre, one of which is almost opposite.
The Lotus Tree has been operating as an hotel during holiday periods and has had full occupancy when open. To continue use as a commercial property the property already has the EOT (Greek Tourism Organisation) license. The house can be sold as a Going Concern with international website presence, Greek travel pages, Trip Advisor and social media accounts included.
The property benefits from outstanding panoramic views of the Pelion Mountains and Volos. It has many economy features and great potential for development of the hotel business.
13 Km from Beach
13 Km from Bus Station - Volos
O Km from City Centre
O Km from CountrySide
10 Km from Ski Slopes
13 Km from Train station- Volos
Dining Table and Chairs
Pots & Pans
24 hr Security CCTV