The Tower House is set on 12,300 sqm of land, located on a hillside about 2.5 km from Kefalos on the beautiful island of Kos. The Tower House dominates the hill outside Kefalos enjoying fantastic views and is considered to be the most striking house in the area. It is a 15 min walk to the beach and down the hill from the property lies Kamari Bay, one of the best windsurfing bays in the world with lots of facilities for water sports.
The property was architect designed and built in 2000 to represent a cluster of Greek buildings that includes a Mill Tower, two churches, a Bell Tower and some traditional Greek houses, making it a truly fabulous and unique building. Although the property can be used as a private villa with staff quarters, the current owner has obtained an EOT Greek Tourist Licence for self-catering or B&B using 8 twin bedrooms.
The property comprises:
- Lounge (60 sqm) with a barrel church roof at one end and a circular area at the other end of the Mill Tower
- Dining room (50 sqm) with waterproof pergola roof and removable glass wall for summer and winter use. This leads on to a large patio area (45 sqm) with panoramic views of Kefalos and across the sea to Nissyros.
- Fully fitted kitchen (25 sqm) with dishwasher, gas oven, microwave and fridge/freezer.
- Library area (18 sqm) with a removable glass wall.
- Flat tiled sunroof (95 sqm) and an upper room (28 sqm) in the Mill Tower.
- 8 large bedrooms (each 19 sqm). Each bedroom is carpeted and has an en-suite shower room. The 5 bedrooms on the main level have balconies and the three bedrooms on the lower level have patios. All bedrooms enjoy magnificent sea views.
Lower level staff quarters consist of:
- Lounge/diner and kitchen area (30 sqm).
- Utility room (12 sqm).
- Staff cloakroom (7 sqm).
- Storage cupboards (7 sqm)
- 2 Bedrooms (each 19 sqm) both with en-suites.
- 2 patios.
- There is an additional large storage area of 98 sqm which could possibly be developed into further accommodation but would need planning permission.
- Garage and garden store.
- Most of the grounds are natural vegetation but there are gardens and fields adjacent to the house and drive.
- A footpath leads to the lower boundary to walk to the beach which takes about 15 mins.
- There is an ideal area where a swimming pool could be constructed and another area which could be used as a tennis court.
- Electric and solar water heating.
- Air-conditioning in the five bedrooms on the upper floor.
- Wood burners in the main lounge and lower living area.
- Walls and roof are insulated.
- The only property in Kefalos to have low rate night-time electricity.
- Windows and external doors are double glazed.
- Fly screens on doors and windows, where appropriate.
A fabulous property with excellent potential as small business venture!!
800 metres from Beach
4 Km from Bus Station - Kefalos Bank Square
O Km from CountrySide
37 Km from Kos Town